Saturday, June 9, 2012

Cha-cha-cha-changing into David Bowie

It's so, totally, for reals, time for a change!
Thanks to Linds, and her inspiring blog...I have decided to make a goal list as well. 


I am going to start small, since I am the master of procrastination and dabbling. I want to first and foremost be able to give myself a pat on the back, EVERY single day! 


This year I had a baby and now that he is 4 months old, added with the fact that I'm turning 26 in a few short weeks...I need to get back into shape. As I was getting ready for this garage sale next weekend, I started with the least cluttered place in the house, the bedroom. I realized that I miss my clothes so much!!! Not having been able to wear some of them for close to a year now, makes me super sad, and yet super motivated to make a change! A few years ago, I gave myself a goal: run a half-marathon by the time I'm 30, and I am no where near accomplishing that goal as of today...well more like as of last night, because this morning is the first morning of achieving my goal! 


Again, I am starting small, but my goal for this month is as follows:
1. Start walking at least 3 times a week
            I want to try and do this early in the morning, before it gets too hot
      go for at least an hour, minimum. 
      my ultimate goal with walking is to walk to the back gate and back each time I walk     
            (6 miles total)
      working up to 5k training when Haiden is 6 months old
2. Pamper myself once a week -
          paint my finger nails or toe nails
      take a bath, spa treatment style
      read my book for an hour, uninterrupted 
      go out and get coffee
      buy a book
      get a hair trim 
      do a craft/paint 
      wear heels and get dressed up
      play Laura Croft :)
3. Set a goal for the day/week and finish it before starting another project
           This one can be anything: yesterday I wanted to take the recyclables to the bin on base because they were getting out of control! And I did it...I set a simple goal and finished it and gave my self a pat on the back...literally!  
4. Do one activity outside of the house (weather permitting) once a week
      go to mommy and me classes with Haiden
      go to story time with Haiden
      go to the movies
      go on a picnic
      go to an exercise class
5. Check my email for 10 minutes everyday
    Make a chore chart and stick with it
These are my 5 goals for this month. I'm sure I will add more as the year goes on, but if I can keep up with these goals for the rest of the month, I will be so ecstatic! I may need to celebrate...hmmm...I will most definitely have to celebrate, and I have a few weeks to think about it. 


So far today
Workout: Walk
Date: June 09, 2012
Distance: 2.9 mi

Duration: 0:52:31 
Abs: 100 sit ups; variety


I plan to finish the bedroom today, and start Haiden's room, as my goal to accomplish! I am so ready for this pat on the back :D


**Share your workouts or favorite healthy meals, or even what you enjoy doing for down time**

Banana-Chocolate Chip Bars


Prep time: 20 minutes
Bake: 25 minutes
Oven: 350
Yield: 36 bars


1 16.5 oz roll refrigerated peanut butter cookie dough (*I have used the pre-cut dough 
       squares, as well as a caramel turtle dough)
1 cup regular rolled oats (*I like to add a little extra in)
1/2 cup mashed banana (*This recipe is great for the fact that if your banana is going bad, 
      or too brown for your liking, just toss this recipe together, that's what I do and it 
      works great and makes those bananas last. Toss in an extra banana if you like, as well!)
1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate pieces 
1/2 cup chopped peanuts
1 16 oz can chocolate or vanilla frosting (*I have never used any frosting when I make 
      these)


1. Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 9X13in baking pan; set aside. In a large bowl stir together cookie dough, oats, banana, chocolate pieces, and peanuts until combined. Press dough evenly into prepared backing pan.
2. Bake, uncovered, about 25 minutes or until golden brown (*We like these a little bit chewy and gooey, so I don't cook it for the full 25 minutes, I just let the center set). Cool in pan on wire rack.
3. Frost with desired frosting. 
      For a decorated touch, use half a can of chocolate and half a can of vanilla and swirl frosting together. Cut into bars.



2 comments:

  1. You are awesome. I want to run a half-marathon, too. Maybe we should do it together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm finally done breast feeding Haiden, and getting ready to start training...and that means from like scratch lol. But I'm hoping to get into it and start with a 5k or something, and work my way up. I have myfitnessrun app on my phone, and will track my progress via that and this blog :) I saw Ben was using it, or you use it...I'm paleo25, if you want to add me and we can track our progress together...but you should have the baby first lol!

    ReplyDelete