Thursday, June 14, 2012

I think I can, I think I can...

Holland
So thus far, my goals are coming along nicely. I've been able to check my emails for ten minutes every day, and my daily goals are going fairly smooth. The weather has been a factor to me walking, so Zach and I have devised a plan, that I thought would work, but again it's raining. But I did get to go to the Mommy and Me class on base and I walked there:
Workout: Walk
Date: June 13, 2012
Distance: 0.59 mi
Duration: 01:37:44

I love this new app that I got: iMapMyRun. It has a GPS tracker, which is awesome because it is actually pretty close to impossible for me to get any steps to register on the pedometer app I had, while walking with the stroller. The app also has a nutrition part, where I can log in everything I'm eating and it will subtract it from my daily calorie intake goal, as well as add the calories I burn from working out. There is also a feature to add other work outs, and "Housework" is one of the options! LOVE it!! 


I also made us a chore chart, that is pretty basic for now. But once Haiden gets older I think we will make it more advanced and add him on there. Right now he has a "daily love chart", which includes simple things, like read to him 3 times a day, do tummy time for at least 5 times a day, and play games. I'm going to frame it in a glass frame so we can put tallys next to the love he gets, and see where his strengths are and what we need to work more at getting him to achieve. 


We are still going through every room in the house with a pretty intense comb, to get ready for the base wide garage sale this Saturday. I hope it doesn't rain, because if it does we have no place to put all this stuff!! 
Dinner
So we haven't been to the grocery store in a while to do a full shopping trip, so this is what I made with random left-overs. 
1/2 bag frozen cheese tortellini
1 can original rotel
2 chicken tenderloins-grilled
Then I made a cheese sauce using milk, flour, and Parmesan cheese, I just eye balled all the measurements. And added more flour as I went to make the sauce thicker. 

It was super easy, spicy and something we will most likely intentionally make again!  

Tastefully Simple 
Tastefully Simple beer bread - we used a pecan beer brewed locally
Tastefully Simple warm spinach artichoke dip
Then I made a dish of egg noodles with egg and chicken

Again this was more left overs and it was a game night snack! We played Chicken Foot while we ate.
Zach 
We went back to Biloxi this last Monday, to get Zach's stitches removed and an overall check up. His implant is doing great! And in a short 2 months we get to make the for his appointment to get his tooth!!! And we thought we were going to have to wait 6 months! So this comes as good news to us. 
Since we went to the base, and Haiden got to support his daddy and wear his baby onesie NWUs. And then we got a treat and ate at BDubs! 
Today Zach found out that he may get the opportunity to go to a battery school in September in Norfolk, Virginia. This would be a great opportunity for him and his career, so we hope he gets to do it.
Haiden
Haiden is amazing!! His personality is starting to shine! He giggles and laughs and is turning over from his back to his belly, and every once in a while from his belly to his back. We can tell he is wanting to move around and crawl or walk, but he just isn't ready for any of that...he's just a baby!! 
We have yet to find out more about his head, but we are hoping to hear soon one way or the other, because we leave for Texas next week and will be gone for a week.
Haiden and I made a Father's Day card at the mommy and me class this week! It is too cute, I can't wait for Zach to see it. And I also met three moms there, two of which had babies a few days older than Haiden. Haiden looks like a giant compared to those babies though, and at the last doctor visit they said he was in the bottom percentile of his age group...so that confused me a little. I'm hoping to get play dates with them set up the next meeting!

No comments:

Post a Comment