Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Busy...and the pile continues to grow

I am so happy the weather is nice, and it won't give me the dreaded feeling of yuckiness even before working out. The heat inevitably puts me off of working out, especially if I feel even the smallest bit out of shape. I used to play frisbee three times a week during the summer in Texas, and now after having a baby, and some giggle that I've never had, wiggling when I work out...the heat just adds so much more yuckiness to the idea. 
This month, a total of 2 and a half days, I have:
Burned almost 1000 calories in just two easy workouts. 
Last month, the entire month, I: 
Burned almost 2000 in ten workouts. 
So nice weather I hope you stay a while, because 1. I'm loving this and 2. I NEED this!! :) Haiden is still getting used to our long mile, upon mile walks. Sometimes he hardly makes a sound, and other times he gets grouchy and fussy. Teething will not be the death of my workouts! hahaha. 

This week has also been so busy! I have run around in the grocery store, Barnes and Noble, World Market, and all over base. I have started volunteering again, and was asked to create the decorations for the Book Fair this year!! The theme is "Every one is an all star", but all the 'all star' type stuff seemed redundant and lame, to be honest. So I came up with the idea to make the kids feel like stars, and a Hollywood/Red Carpet idea formed. The plans I came up with look awesome, if I do say so myself, and the librarians loved it!! So I will be setting out tasks to other volunteers and oversee everything pertaining to the decorations!! Also, I have like 10 different laminated games to cut out, each with about 60 pieces. 
After all that cutting, I doubt I will feel like working on the illustrations for our kids books. Maybe we will actually get some of the writing done soon. We have three easy picture books that are pretty much finished with the ideas, and the story books are just in the basic idea stage. We have pretty decent outlines of them, just setting the tone and the rhythm is going to be the difficult part. Hopefully, it will all just flow from our brains onto the page and we can get an idea of what illustrations we need. All of my illustrations were inspired by my recent paper owl posters, so that is where the cutting of paper may be on the back burner after I regain feeling in my fingers from these laminated games!
Morgan may be coming to visit on Friday, so that means a little business in getting the house together to have 2 babies and 3 Leopold's here!! Poor Zach lol. But we are excited to see Declyn and Morgan!! 

Bee Pollen Smoothie
 pinch of flax seed
1/2 Tbs bee pollen
8 oz grape juice
1 can pineapple rings, frozen
3 cubes watermelon/spinach puree
*this smoothie was very light and refreshing, not as sweet as I sometimes make them. it was the perfect end to a great sore workout. 

 Red Pepper Hummus
I am pretty much addicted to this! I randomly put it together and it is so delicious, we have a hard time putting it down.
1 can garbanzo beans 
1/4 cup canola oil
half red pepper, sliced
cummin seeds
lemon juice
about 2 Tbs tahini 
Topping: sliced tomatoes and feta
all of these ingredients without measurements are for you to change, based on your taste, plus I eyeball a lot of it when I make it

Rotel chicken and Veggies
2 chicken breasts cooked over med-high heat in a skillet on top of Rotel
cauliflower, corn and asparagus steamed to slightly crunchy-
drained and tossed with white wine and garlic
serve together with chicken sliced and add cooked Rotel if desired

No comments:

Post a Comment